Thursday, November 13, 2008

Guessing Game

We've been in this house for just over two years, and Bob and I have finally started cleaning out our basement to make it a usable space. There are a few things that have been passed down to us that we need to either start putting to good use or give away.  Two such things are a pair of chairs that once belonged to Bob's Great Aunt Hattie. They are a beautiful shape and well-constructed, but the fabric is pretty dirty (there's a story behind why, but I won't get into that). So, I've sent a request to get an estimate on the cost of re-upholstering them. I thought it might be interesting to see what you all think the price will be and then compare your ideas to the actual estimate. 

Any guesses?


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Am I figuring labor alone or with the fabric choice?

andrew! said...

$400

Heidi said...

$700

Christie said...

$600

Pam said...

Wow! If any of those guesses are right, you'd be better off buying new chairs. I'll say $437.99 for each chair. But Heidi probably knows better than I.

Mrs. Patterson said...

$500 each.